Thursday, April 19, 2012

Could Fulmer Return to SEC

Former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer denied on Wednesday that he had been contacted by Arkansas about the school's coaching vacancy. "I have not been contacted by Arkansas," Fulmer said. "But I think Arkansas is a great place."

Fulmer, 61, indicated the opening at Arkansas does intrigue him. "When I left Tennessee, I was asked if I would coach again, and I said I would consider it if it was at a place where I could compete for a championship."

So what do you predict Gator fans, will we see Phillip Fulmer as the new head coach for Arkansas?  I personally think it would be a good fit for both coach and team. The Razorbacks are in quite a pickle, losing their coach at this time of year and it will be difficult to find anyone with more experience than Fulmer. Plus since Tennessee fired Fulmer they haven't done any better, which leads us to believe it may have been a Tennessee problem and not a coaching problem. At 61 Fulmer will be hard pressed to get a better opportunity at a head coaching job, and by coaching in the SEC, he is already familiar with the teams and coaches. I guess time will tell if the rumors are right!

No comments: