Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weapons, weapons everywhere



It seems the coaching staff has finally gotten a handle on spreading the ball around to the multiple weapons they have at their disposal. I've gotten to the point where every time I see the ball in Demps, Rainey, Harvin or James' hands, I think "gone."
In fact when Tebow dumped the ball to Demps over the middle on that little crossing route, I said "touchdown" as soon as he caught it. You get any of those guys the ball in some space and they are going to make something good out of it.

I keep hearing the talking heads on TV talk about Tebow having an off year following his Heismann, and wondering if he'll come around. I say "no thank you." We are better off when Tebow is giving the ball to one of the many speedsters he has at his disposal.

Now on to Georgia. I think we have the momentum and the talent to beat Georgia handily. My greatest concern with this team is a slip-up, like the one against Ole Miss, to a lesser opponent. But with all the young and hungry talent we have, if Tebow, or Mullen, calls their number, they will produce points. I just don't want to see us go into a shell with Tebow doing his three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust routine when things get tough.

No comments: